10,000 Days review by Tool

• Released: May 2, 2006
Tool: 10,000 Days

Tool's sound hasn't changed much from their last album, but their using diffrent types of precusion to accent their songs now, I like it better like this. The story behind 10,000 days is that Maynard's mother (Judith) had some kind of cancer and since the day she got diagnosed for it she died in about 10,000 days, but other than that they just got together and recorded it. They play a sort of metal/prog rock/progressive/experamental. Overall I love the sound of this album!

I love the way tool constructs their lyrics, and 10,000 days isn't an exception. They are lyrical geniuses! And the way the lyrics and the music flow is a perfect match. Maynard is, in my opinion, the greatest lyricist ever! he uses metaphors, irony, and a lot of other types of ways to make the lyrics sound more complex.

Every Tool album can't be compared to any of their other albums, let alone other artists. My favorite song is The Pot, and Roseta Stoned (which is about a really stupid guy that gets abducted by aliens, or the government, and gets told when the world is going to end, and he gets dramatized by the whole thing and goes crazy). My other favorite song is the back to back: 10,000 Days (Part 1), and Wings For Marie (Part 2), they are both very instrumental and sound awesome. I love evry second of this album! if this CD was stolen I would hunt down the person that stole and buy 5 more!

Normozoidz
    Changes are always expected, especially in a dynamic time like now. But there's 1 thing that these guys never forgot, and that would be the blues!!! but to be honest I was quite dissappointed with the changes that was done with the album. Things didn't came out the way most of us expected. Still impressive though.....