Lateralus review by Tool

• Released: May 14, 2001
Tool: Lateralus

its tool what more can I say. As usual the albums extremly creative and versatile. The grudge has some amazing guitar riffs as Jones lets his metal genius take cotrol of the track. Schism sees one of the best bass riffs I've personally ever heard while disposistion shows a softer side of the bands musical ability. Ticks and leeches enters with share drumming bliss followed by crashing metal guitars. The only let down on this album is reflections which to be honest bored the crap out of me.

first of I have to coment on Maynards ability to sound like an angel with serious anger management problems. Maynards voice is simply proven once again on this album and maybe its just me but he just sounds better and better each time. The lyrics. Now heres where every Tool Brain dead hick will want to kill me. The lyrics on this album are not brilliant. As a poet Maynard is a master as for finding something wort writting about he might as well write a song about this review as his intellegnece would surely make up for the lack of direction or relevence to the world. Maynard has done a decent job on this album but as I am an extremly opinionated shit brained, wanker, mother f--r or what ever else you can think of I'm goin to be honest and say the lyrical content is a disapointment, where's the message? Where's the real I'm going to put my balls on the line and show people exactly whats wrong with them? Instead Maynard gave us another adolescent goody bag of worries cross dressed in a philosiphers skirt.

Still in saying what I just said about the lyrics it's still the best music has to offer at the moment and if your another I don't wanna be in the mainstream so I'll wear these old clothes I found under the dumpster act shady write one poetic line in the song (this formula will always make you look deep) you wont mid and you will love this albulm. If you listen for noise alone did I say noise sorry I meant music you're in for metal at it's must creative and quite simply it's best.