Lateralus review by Tool

• Released: May 14, 2001
Tool: Lateralus

I believe that Tool has the greatest tone and the most unique sound ever recorded. The music makes you think and is also extremely brooding. Adam Jones can at one moment be banging out the hardest music you ever heard and then suddenly switching and playing beautiful melodic solos. The sound is perfect and is beautiful to my ears, especially Maynard James Keenan's melodic voice, which has perfect chemistry with the rest of the band.

My overall impression of this CD after the first song was "wow" there was no need to listen to the rest of the CD because it couldn't get any better but I was wrong. It just got better and more mind blowing after every track. The lyrics and Maynards voice are perfect and fit perfectly with Adams unique and quirky time changes and riffs, also Maynards voice on this CD is perfect and beautiful.

Comparing this to other CDs this takes it all, it has everything, dark heavy riffs, melodic solos and interwoven bass and guitar harmonies. What I mostly love about this CD is its uniquness. If this CD was ever stolen I would buy it again but then I would then hunt down the person who stole it and then god knows.