Lateralus review by Tool

• Released: May 14, 2001
Tool: Lateralus

First off Tool is my favorite band. I don't know about any of you people but Tool puts me into a trance I cant get out of. Lateralus is by far in my opionion the best Tool album so far. I have also heard that Maynard has a brain tumor and is trying to put as many albums out as possible, thus the new A Perfect Circle album and the new Tool album comeing out soon. This news skares me, well I think this rumor is a bunch of bullshit.

Maynard's voice is ausome for the music its with. It goes perfect with the mood that Tool sets. The lyrics tell a story on an album, you may not see it but listen to lateralus and each song tells a story. It also has a meaning behind each song like the Patient. In the patient Maynard says "Watch the weather change" witch I think the lyrics to the song mean basicly for every action there is an oppisite and equal reaction. So I choose how or why I react to anything that is happening, happened, or could happen. Your choice at that moment is going to change the outcome knowmatter what you say or do. I think by far these are the best lyrics I have ever heared becaus they have a meaning behind them and the also sound great!

If I am going to compare another artist I would have to go with A Perfect Circle only because both bands are awesome. The only reason why I like Tool more than APC is because only a limited few of APC's songs mean somthing such as imagine, and weak and powerless. The most impressive songs from Lateralus I would have to say are the Grudge, The Patient, Schism, Ticks And Leaches, and Lateralus. I love that I can be in the worst mood and all I have to do I light some incensence and put on Lateralus and everything is a calm. A perfect state of mind. Peace and serenity. It changes the way I act and feel because of what I got out of the empowerment of Tool. It a trance I never want to get out of! If this album was lost or stolen, I don't have to worrie about that because I have at least 5 coppies of it. In my car, downstairs, in my room, at computer, and in my another room.