Lateralus review by Tool

• Released: May 14, 2001
Tool: Lateralus

They have a sound that no other band can imitate. Maynard Jame Keenan the best vocalist of our era, period. Adam Jones has becomed one of my favorite guitarrists, if not my favorite, because he has been improving his playing on every album and he can play from melodic tunes to heavy riffs. Justin Chancellor give the band a more english aggresive melodic style to their music and Danny Carey is simply one of the best drummers of this era, with his original style of playing and his experiments with diferent effects.

Maynard has never disapointed me and he will he do it. Tool, A perfect circle an Pucifier (his new project with Danny Lohner) have different styles of playing and nor has dissapointed me. His lyrics are revolutionary. I'm not the kind of guy that thing he is a god or something like that I just think he is not afraid of telling what he thinks. I admire his poetry, but also I admire other lyricists l like Trent Reznor, James Hetfield, Dave Mustain, Mike Portnoy (dream Theater's drummer) or even Bob Dylan. Fans must not try all the time to find the meaning of them all the time, because people must find their own meanings for things.

This album is the best I have ever heard. I'm from Mexico and heavy metal isn't a style of music that you find everywhere. I met tool when I heard a perfect cirlce on constantine movie, I investigated an found this band that deserves to be heard on this country and kick out of the radio pop punk, rap, Hilary Duff and all that shit that people listen about a thousand times on radio.