Lateralus review by Tool

• Released: May 14, 2001
Tool: Lateralus

Flawless. Perfect beyond comprehension. Extremely complex album from an extremely complex band. Perfection that I, for years, never thought was possible. Most talented singer, guitarist, bassist, and drummer that have ever existed and ever will exist. Each song sounds completely different from the rest. The segue tracks which are, by many people, considered filler are just as amazing as the rest and are critical to creating Tool's Holy Gift.

Amazingly complex lyrics and metaphors which require hours of contemplation and are still difficult to fathom. Maynard has an incredible and unique voice which sings softly on songs like Parabol but screams powerfully on Ticks And Leeches. The more I understand the lyrics and their meaning, the more amazed I become.

Based on the incredible complexity, Tool is the best band and, along with Tool's other albums, Lateralus is one of the few perfect albums in existence. The album artwork is just as complex as the music and requires just as much analyzation. I would buy this album 100 times if I had to. I've listened to this album 40-50 times and spent hours analyzing it and it gets better every time.

Soozy
    Tool is one of those bands you're going to show your kids and be like "This is music". An absolute masterpiece of an album through and through. All members shine on this cd.
    Soozy
    Sorry for posting again, but...
    I'm goin to be honest and say the lyrical content is a disapointment, where's the message? Where's the real I'm going to put my balls on the line and show people exactly whats wrong with them?
    ...Really? These are some of the (if not the) best lyrics you'll find in rock music today. Listen to/read them again.