The Problem Of Pain: Part 1 review by Torman Maxt

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Torman Maxt: The Problem Of Pain: Part 1

Job's first song beginning sound was brilliant. It wasn't something I was expecting, but it was truely amazing. Think of it this way, if you have listened to 2112 and The Fountain of Lamneth of Rush, this will bring you back to those times. The sound will make you think of Rush in a way, sound wise. This is a Progressive Metal album, though not necessarily heavy metal. This is a different type of metal, that isn't thrashing and playing the same notes over and over again and having useless screams.

When you listen to the lyrics, you can tell it was put to together very nicely. It gives you the sense that they aren't trying to make words fit together or just adding in any random phrase. The music and the lyrics fit together. For example, Job's First Song. It's the beginning song describing 'Job', and the lyrics fit with the music. If you look at the Fountain of Lamneth, it was the same with the beginning song, describing a main character with a great sound with a perfect transition.

It's hard to compare something that seems so new, and so fresh, and so different to some other album or some other artist. You can't just compare a brilliantly made album. Job's First SOng and Job's Resolve is probably my most favorite songs from the album, and I continue to listen to them. I love the fact these guys wanted to try something different, and they achieved a great sound. As they promoted their album to me, I was sort of skeptical at first, but when I heard Job's First Song on their myspace profile, I needed their album, so they gave me the link to download their album. When I have a chance, I'll officially buy the album. And I know, that if I lose it, I'll buy it again!