American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II Review

artist: Trace Adkins date: 10/23/2009 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Trace Adkins: American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II
Released: Dec 4, 2007
Genre: Country
Label: Capitol Nashville
American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II is the ninth album from country singer Trace Adkins and second greatest hits compilation.
 6.2
 7.3
 5.1
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 23, 2009

Sound: Trace Adkins has his own style in country music, and this album has a lot of that. His sound is pure country, and he ain't afraid to get dirty with his songs (Honky Tonk Badonkedonk, Rough and Ready, Swing). That's one thing I like. Also, he can turn around and have very soft songs (You're Gonna Miss This, Arlington, I Wanna Feel Something, I Came Here To Live). He's always been in modern country music, but he hasn't emerged as a leader. I like the way his songs can have some good electric guitar, and others acoustic. He has variety. I like that about the album. He's not the best singer, but he has a great, low voice. My opinion can only give him a 7, though. // 7

Lyrics: The songs on his album are all decently well written, but not all written by him, if he wrote any. A notable song is Honky Tonk Badonkedonk, which caught my attention, because it was co-wrote by emerging star Randy Houser and long-time great songwriter and also emerging star Jamey Johnson. You're Gonna Miss This is well written, Arlington is a beautiful song that suits his vocals, and American Man is also well written. Other songs aren't as well written. His vocals suit most of the songs better than anyone else. I give lyrics a 8. // 8

Overall Impression: I enjoy this album, but in my opinion, he hasn't had enough success to release it. I think it was moving too fast to release this album. Hits on the album are Honky Tonk Badonkedonk, his new biggest hit yet: You're Gonna Miss This, and Songs About Me. The rest of the songs had decent success, but not enough to be on the album. I liked this album, the songs were good, but you shouldn't just put all the songs you released on the Greatest Hits Album. Still, I give it a 7. Sincerely, Guitarslinger // 7

Comments