John Barleycorn Must Die review by Traffic

• Released: Jan 1, 1970
Traffic: John Barleycorn Must Die

Traffic is one of the greatest jazz/rock bands and this album definatley proves that. The album is mostly in the jazz/rock genre but also mixed with blues and folk music too. This was Traffic's reunion album after they broke up in the late 60's and then Steve Winwood started to work on a solo album, but he asked former Traffic members Jim Capaldi and Chris Wood to help him with the album. The album eventually became a new Traffic album that was released in 1970.

The lyrics are very good and fit the song very well. Steve Winwood's voice is one of the greatest voices in music and is what makes Traffic's sound very original.

This album definatley compares to many other great rock albums such as albums by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin. The most impressive songs on this album is the great upbeat jazz song "Glad", the song "Freedom Rider", and "Every Mother's Son." I love how the album flows so well between each of the songs but the only thing I don't like about it is that I wish it was longer. If this was lost I would buy it again because it is such a great album.