California 37 review by Train

• Released: Apr 13, 2012
Train: California 37

Like all of Train's albums, "California 37" shows that Pat Monahan is an outstanding vocalist with a great range. Pat Monahan's vocals stand out on songs like "50 Ways To Say Goodbye", "When The Fog Rolls In" and "Sing Together". The guitar work on this album is also very good. The guitar work in the song "We Were Made For This" is great. The song has a very impressive sounding guitar solo. This album has some fun and upbeat songs and some more relaxed ones. Overall, this album does have a more upbeat sound than their previous album, "Save Me, San Francisco". In my opinion, this album has an amazing sound overall.

I love Train's lyrics to be honest. Pat Monahan is an excellent songwriter. The lyrics stand out in songs like "This'll Be My Year", "You Can Finally Meet My Mom" and "Bruises". "You Can Finally Meet My Mom" is definitely one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. The lyrics are amazing. He shows that, in heaven he will not be hanging out with celebrities, but he will spend time with his wife and she will get to meet his mom. Pat Monahan has always been a musician with some quirky lyrics and this doesn't change in this album. His amazing vocals go very well with his meaningful and personal lyrics.

To me, this stands out as being one of the best albums of the year 2012 and it shows that train still have it after all of these years. It's hard to pick the most impressive songs on this album, because there is so many good things about every track on this fantastic record. To be honest, I have no complaints and if Train do release another album, I hope it's more of the same, because this album is phenomenal. If this album was stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again. It's definitely one of those albums that I can listen to over and over again and not get sick of it.