For Me, It's You review by Train

• Released: Jan 31, 2006
Train: For Me, It's You

Train's 2006 album, "For Me, It's You" was the first of their albums not to include their former rhythm guitarist, Rob Hotchkiss and their former bass guitarist, Charlie Colin. "For Me, It's You" is Train's fourth studio album, but it was not as commercially successful as their previous albums. Train have always been great musicians, and this album clearly shows this. Pat Monahan's voice is as amazing as always and this album shows his great range and emotion. Jimmy Stafford does an amazing job on the guitar as well. Also, Scott Underwood has always been one of my favourite drummers, and he is also amazing on this album. Another thing that stood out on this album was the piano. The opening piano riff at the start of "Cab" is amazing.

I have always loved Train's lyrics. Pat Monahan is an excellent lyricist. This really shows on "Always Remember." This is a song about someone who has died, and the lyrics talk about how he will tell his kids about this person. This suggests, that, like "Drops of Jupiter" it is about Pat Monahan's mother, who he has written a number of songs about. The lyrics are also great on "Cab," which is quite melancholy in tone. In the chorus, Pat sings, "The days are better, the nights are still so lonely, Sometimes I think I'm the only cab on the road." The lyrics on this album are excellent, and the emotion in Pat Monahan's voice really highlights these great lyrics.

Even though this is Train's least commercially successful albums, I would argue that it's one of their best. All of the songs are great, and Train's sound on this album is excellent. Pat Monahan is one of the best singers and lyricists in my opinion and his excellent voice and lyrics are one of the many amazing things on this album. This album is Adult Alternative at it's best. This may not be as popular as their other albums, but if you have ever enjoyed a Train song, you should definitely listen to this. It's a really great listen.

JimBonJovi
    This was Train's last decent album. Unless you prefer a more poppy sound. They were never the same after Rob Hotchkiss and Charlie Colin left. Those two were integral to the sound of Train. Thank you for the review of this album. It needs more attention indeed.