Listen & Forgive review by Transit

• Released: Oct 4, 2011
Transit: Listen & Forgive

"Listen And Forgive "could change the pop punk scene forever. Transit took a step back from the growing trend in pop punk of heavily charged, fast paced music and instead went with a more indie, slower album. Each song has a different feel to it, the guitar work is impressive. It seems like a hybrid version of some American football songs, but with its own twist, and that twist is what makes this album unique. The musicianship on this album makes listening to it addictive and easy, interesting riffs, drum beats, and bass grooves make each instrument sing in harmony with each other.

My favorite part of this album are the lyrics, Joe Boynton's words hit home every song. A huge difference from the "Stay Home" EP and even "Keep This To Yourself", the lyrics on this album are easy to relate to, especially for guys and girls around their age (Mid/late teens and people in their 20s). Even if you're not into this kind of music there are some songs you can listen to a song and pick out multiple lines where you sit back and say to yourself "Wow, this song reminds of a time when...". The lyrics fit with the music style, Transit's seemed to put the puzzle together and fit all the parts of their music together, creating a beautiful record. Joe has come a long way since their earlier releases, his voice was raw but it fit the faster style they were playing. Since the first 2 releases his voice has changed and gotten better, an obvious sign of the maturity of this band.

Overall, this was my album of the year when it came out. Each song brings to the table something new, relatable, and catchy. No other album that I've listened to is as captivating as this one, and there's a reason why Transit has become the leader of the pack in their genre. I've seen them 7 times live and they play flawlessly. If you love American football, the wonder years, and tigers jaw I would highly recommend picking up a copy of this album. It may be a little after the fact now that it's a year old, but that doesn't mean don't pick up the album. Peep "Listen And Forgive" soon, I've already bought the album and the 7', and be sure to lookout for their new release soon this spring, "Young New England"!