Transplants review by Transplants

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Transplants: Transplants

The music is fairly chord based and simple on the slower tracks like Weigh on my Mind and Sad But True, whereas on the slightly heavier songs like Quick Death and One Seventeen it's more riff driven. The rapping by Rob Aston really adds an addictive touch to all the songs he's in.

Some songs like Down In Oakland tell stories, whereas others are holding on after the loss of someone like Sad But True. Some are about treachery like We Trusted You and some are just about anything like Quick Death, D.R.E.A.M. and One Seventeen. Rob Astons lyrics add a philosophical touch to most of his songs and also an addictive value as said before. Tim and Rob are skillfull singers with totally different styles of singing but they go together really well.

The most impressive songs on the album in my opinion are Sad But True and We Trusted You. Transplants are very good at that type of song. I think that the best asset to Transplants is Rob Astons voice, as I've said before it is really addictive. There is nothing about this album that I hate. If I lost this album or it were stolen I would definitely try to find it or buy it again. Although Transplants aren't my favourite band their debut album is definitely the most invaluble CD I own.