Transplants review by Transplants

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Transplants: Transplants

When I read an interveiw with Boxcar Racer in a magazine a year or two back, they asked Travis what about this new project he was working on. He told them something like "Yeah it's got alot of different styles of punk and some hard stuff too." That's pretty much what this CD gives you. Tim Armstrong with guitar and vocals really gives it the good ol punk sound we all love and Rob Astons hard vocals give it that rock-rap sound. The sound to me one of a kind. I like the divercity and the guitar goes with well with the feel of the sound. The drums are amazing. It a 5 for me on sound.

The lyrics I am proud of. Pride? Well yeah because if you have heard the song "One Seventeen", they talk about my home town! Yeah with Tim Armstrong starts singing in the song he sings "Shiela is a mess-o, She come from Modesto..." and yeah I was born and live in Modesto. So putting my pride away. The lyrics are hard is some songs and kinda mellow in others. For example D.R.E.A.M. is a rap sounding song, but Rob Aston puts it together nicely. Talking about drugs, beers, coke you know. Then Weigh On My Mind is a great song with good chords and Rob Aston shows a more vocal performance and gives you a sensitive side? Well I don't know about that. But the lyrics are the icing for the songs on this CD.

Overall I am really pleased with this album. Transplants I hope make another one, maybe with some camios. But for now this CD will give you something to rock out to. If you like coke it's the CD for too by the way. I defenitally recommend this CD for the fans of the genre and any one in to punk or hard rock or metal. Just buy it!