Transplants review by Transplants

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Transplants: Transplants

This band is Tim Armstrong of Rancid, Travis Barker from Blink 182, and Rob Aston. The songs sound kinda like Rancid, but there's also some funk, hip hop, and jungle beats mixed in there, plus some metal riffs like in Romper Stomper, and it sounds superb. Some guest appearances include Davey Havok, (AFI) Brody Dale, (The Distillers) and rapper Danny Diablo.

The lyrics comply perfectly with the sound. They're kind of punk, and kind of hip hop at the same time. Tim Armstrong is his own self from Rancid, and Rob Aston is kind of a mix of screaming and rapping. both are excellent vocalists.

My favorite songs are DJDJ, Diamonds And Guns, California Babylon, We Trusted You, Down In Oakland, and Tall Cans In The Air, but the whole CD is great. I love the original sound. I hate that it goes by so fast. If it got stolen, I would find the guy who stole it, get it back, and give him $20 to buy it himself. You should definitely get this CD if you like Rancid, Blink 182, Operation Ivy, or Lars Frederiksen And The Bastards. I can't wait to see em on the Warped Tour this year.