Only Through The Pain review by Trapt

• Released: Aug 5, 2008
Trapt: Only Through The Pain

"Only Through The Pain" sure sounds a lot different from Trapt's earlier work. But if your a True Trapt fan (like me) you wont have any problems getting into their new sound. The first song off he album "Wasteland" starts off kinda sounding a bit punk but I guess that's because Trapt's new guitar player "Robb Torres" has a different approach to guitar then Simon Ormandy.Robb is a great guitar player no dought about it just I think he uses a bit too many power chords because in the song "Who's Going Home With You Tonight" the intro, verse, outro are a bunch a powerchord just add some Distorion to it. The song "Lets Forget About the Rain" blew me away that song sounded so different then any other Trapt song I have ever heard. The drums sounded simple but allso very plesant, the guitar sounded to be Jamaican influenced. I couldn't hear much bass in any song of the album. The rest of the songs in this album are great. Just would of been nice to add some more guitar solo's into the album "Black Rose" is the ony song on the album that has a guitar solo.

The lyrics in every song kinda seems lke its about the same thing except in a few but the lyrics in "Only through The Pain" isnt as good as the lyrics on their debut album "Trapt" or "Someone In control" but their realy easy too remember so if you ever go to a Trapt concert you wont forget any of their lyrics so you could sing along to every song.

This album sure is worth buying again if something ever happens to it. But I don't think I'll buy it again because I just Rip it on my computer so if something ever happens to it I can just burn another copy of it. This album is a hella of a lot better then any other albums I have heard lately like The Jonas Brothers album "J.O.N.A.S!" The music is crap I never liked their music. This album won't be "Album Of The Year" or anything but it has allot of great songs that you could listen to over and over again without ever getting tierd of listening to it. Their only one thing that I didn't like about this album and that was it's a bit too short for me I wished they would of put a few more songs on it or maybe something on the piano would of been nice that would of been great. Or if it was a bit more instrumental.

Paroxysm
    ShredGodsUnite wrote: This band's singer gets on my nerves.
    Me too. The band overall is tight, Chris's lyrics and his singing... Yeah, dude is in his 30's now, drop the lyrics aimed for the fangirls. "Lets Forget About the Rain" is such an awesome funky song.
    Phoenix_24Leas
    justlaxin73 wrote: if you listen to their first two albums this album is very different. I am a Trapt fan and the first two albums are pretty in your face and more hard rock. They took a step back with the second part of this album and changed their sound. You can tell they experimented with different melodies and riffs.
    Yeah you can, Forget About the Rain definitely stands out in terms of past albums but the due make subtle changes to their style each time imo