Someone In Control review by Trapt

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Trapt: Someone In Control

Though described as metal, or hard-rock, Trapt has a lighter sound. It seems mostly made up of lighter notes, but still is good listening to. This album is definatly better musically, but still is stuck in that theory that they need to keep to their old sound. I don't turn it off when I here it, but it could use a change. It is very boring to listen to the same sound over and over again. And since it all sounds the same, you have to really listen to the lyrics to figure out when it's over. On the plus side, Stand Up is a very good song and seems to stand against the rest of the album. It is more fast-paced, though it sounds a wee bit like Disconneted (Out Of Touch).

It's not that Chris Brown's choice of lyrics isn't good, because they are some of the best I've ever heard, it's that he makes it sound like he's whining. Someone In Control has fallen behind vocally. It is very annoying to listen to someone whine for a whole album. Please Chris, sing! He's losing a fan-base because of the way he sings, not what he sings. But overall, the lyrics are well written, and doesn't sound forced.

Trapt is that kind of band that you listen to sometimes, but you don't get addicted to. As I said, I wouldn't turn it off if I heard it, but I don't listen to it deliberatly constantly. Probably the most impressive songs from the album would be Stand Up and Skin Deep. They stick when I think of Trapt, along with Headstrong, but that's a different album. Since my copy is a burned copy, I wouldn't buy it again. I'd just burn it. Personally, they're a good band, but I have better CD's to spend my money on. It's a good thing to have burned, but I don't think it's worth $15, maybe $10.

Amorous_Jack
    I completely disagree and I think Trapt are a band I coudl buy the album to, I have almsot every one of their songs on my album including some from their early days such as from the album "Amalgamation". Their lyrics can relate to people, exspecially on this album in a way most musical artists struggle to do. Good band and im hoping to see them on the up Crue-Fest with big names such as Papa Roach and Motley Crue.