Trapt review by Trapt

• Released: Nov 5, 2002
Trapt: Trapt

This band does get alot of bad reviews. But compared to the rest of the crap coming out, this band's sound is outstanding. Yes, "Headstrong" is overplayed. Yes, "Echo" has corney lyrics. Those people that judge this band on those songs alone need to really listen to this album. The guitar playing is new. He uses the seven string in way I haven't heard yet. The new tracks also show a little innovation compared to what is out there now.

There are some corney lyrics. But name a ballad, love song, or whatever that didn't sound a little corney until you have been in that situation. Thats the understanding you have to have listening to most of these songs. The singer delivers all the songs in this album with power and finesse, and uses both very well.

For guitar players, it's a good album to listen to but not really study. I have studied it and and its all pretty simple. But they use these simple riffs with outstanding timing and rhythm. In the next album I wanna see what the guitarists really has in him. This album is worth the money, and it's an album that is alot more rock than 90% of the crap out now.