Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

This is what real metal should be! Double bass drums, double guitars, and amazing melody to boot. The amazing thing about this band is half of the band is under the age of 21. So if they're kicking ass now, just wait 10 years from now, they'll own the metal community!

Matt can punish you with his lyrics or he can calm the heart with his lyrics and that's what he does. From spousal abuse (A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation) to the media (Like Light To The Files) to the simple things like relationships (Dying In Your Arms) and standing up for yourself (the title track Ascendancy) this has everything.

It's hard to grasp the fact on how much better this band has become since their release of Ember To Inferno. I really thought of them as a second rate band, but after I recieved their new CD I was slapped silly. I'm not a Trivium fanboy trying to support them, I'm just tellin it like it is. Another factor that makes this band so great is their age, it's amazing. The band age range is 19-23. Well on to the review of some of their songs - all their songs are great. My personal favorite are "Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr," "A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation," "Like Light To The Flies," the Soilworkesque "Dying In Your Arms" and Departure. But I can sit down and listen to this CD over and over. It has so much replay value. It doesn't get old for some reason. Matt Heafy's voice has matured alot since their first release. He's really improved on the melodic parts of his voice and now has more variation in it. I'm proud of this band for what they've accomplished so quickly. Mark my words, this band will be the next big thing for the metal community and hopefully the entire world of music.