Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

Just everything they done with this CD is innovative and stunning. The shred type solos are just so flipping good and the dual guitars fit in so nicely. I also like how both of the guitarists solo and not just one of them soloing while the other stays on rhythm the whole time. The switch up fits in real smoothly and the transitions are almost seemless.

Lyrics and singing styles are so diverse. From the intense hardcore style of singing which kinda reminded me of Lamb Of God in some parts to the clean voice similar to the singer of Sentenced, I love it all.

"Best investment of the year" were my first words after I overcame the awe that struck me after hearing the bands second song. This CD is more than worth buying, I went back and bought 3 more coppies, one extra for me incase the first one gets scratched in any way, and the other 2 to give to my friends who were about to mary Trivium's first CD. The inspiration for this band comes from so many places. Every song is amazing from the album, overall "Light Light To Flies," "A Gun Shot To The Head Of Trepidation," and "Departure" are my favorite songs. The solos in "Light Light To Flies" and "A Gun Shot To The Head Of Trepidation" stunned me and the singing from "Departure" shows how much better he has gotten at singing. This band is gonna revolutionize the metal world. Don't copy this CD for your friend who doesn't feel like buying it, tell them that they have to go grab a copy and support the band; I wanna see these guys rocking on for years to come.