Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

The sound quality on this album is absouletly superb. The first track, the end of everything, has a suitanly neo classical black - metally feel. A brilliant track with no distortion, just a piano, choir, and a clean guitar. The only track I dislike is dying in your arms as it treads a bit too close to the emo land for my liking.

I have looked inside the lyric book that came with the album to read the lyrics as they are not so clear just listening to them by ear because of Matt Heafys' growling. A gunshot to the head of trepidation has a spine chilling chorus and an instantly rememborable melody. Matt Heafy growls but also has an amazing singing voice, fusing anger and other emotions.

This is the first trivium album I have bought (there is only one other). I am just getting into metal now, and I think this is a great introduction to the black arts. Cory Beaulieu has established himself to be one of my favourite guitarists - an amazing guitarist. This album has really made me want to get faster in my playing. Oh well time to upgrade my Fender Tele then.