Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

I was very impressed by this CD, the guitar is absolutely superb and dazzling, it's amazing that the lead singer/guitarist is only 19. This is definitly a metalcore CD, but it is so much better than most. the guitar work just can't be matched, the solo's are crazy they change a lot like going from major to minor scales, it gives it all a really good sound. Ascendancy is a definite must have for all metal fans.

The lyrics are very well written, well they go with the music and they fit. The vocals are pretty good, I don't care for Matt's screaming (it's more like shouting), but his singing is pretty damn good.

This album blows away the competition of the other bands in this genre. It is metalcore, but it has a lot of straight up metal influences and you can really tell. I would have to say the most impressive songs are "Ascendancy" and "Like Light To The Flies" I absolutely love this CD. The only thing I dont like is his yeling style screams. But his clean voice is great so it shouldnt bother any metal fans. if this CD were lost or stolen I wold immediatly go buy it again, without even thinking or giving time for hesitation, it's a splendid masterpiece. Go get it today.