Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

Trivium's first album "Ember To Inferno" was good, but it wasn't special, since then the band has become much tighter, and have found their sound; and they sound brilliant. Not just brilliant, they sound imense. Their so enjoyable to listen to, vocally, lyricly and musicly. Their sound is complex, rich, loud, and often subtle, you truely here every last note. Their guitar playing is a treat to the senses, and you anticipate every solo, and riff. The title of the band describes their style: Trivium means, an intersection between thrash metal, death metal and ordinary metal. Plus a hell of a lot of harmonization. Which all makes for one sweet cookie.

Matt Heafy's vocals are what drew me to the band in the first instance. He masterfully bounces back and fourth between vocal harmonization and rasping death metal vocals; this complex vocal arrangment makes for one hell of a ride, truely astounding. I find that vocals are very important, and I think that to many bands today have great music, but weak vocals that don't carry the band. Matt Heafy's vocals are very distinctive, if not unique, and in this way he carries Trivium, not that Trivium requires carrying.

I am a thrash metal fan, and Metallica are my favourite band. I am not going to compare Trivium to Metallica in a musical sence, but for me Trivium are as original as Metallica were 20 odd years ago. For me Trivium are the best band for at least a decade, and it will probably take a further decade to find a band that can even think about rivaling them.

ENDOFHEARTACHE
    Trivium is one of the best bands out there now....im sic of these crappy mainstream bands now.....but yeah my main point is that there awesome
    Maggotkiller
    I am listening to this album right now if you want to be exact I'm listening to "A Gunshot to the Head of Trepadation". This album is great Heafy has one of the best screams in metal right now next to (Jesse David Leach and Howard Jones)of Killswitch Engage but that's another story . The bottom of the line is that this album is freakin AWESOME!!!