Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

Amazing. Purely amazing. Trivium really do have a unique style. I really enjoyed this album but I thought that the first track 'The End of Everything' was a bit pointless, that it dragged on a bit, and that it kind of ruined the Trivium effect. But other than that I thought the album was brilliant.

Matt Heafy has given a great performance. I think it's cool the way he can just sing so aggressively, and then suddenly switch to singing normally. Some of the lyrics didn't make sense though, for example in 'Like Light To Flies' the bit before the chorus it says 'those who rock, will be...' Ok I can never work out what the last word of that line is, but it sounds alot like he says bought?

The first song I ever heard by Trivium was 'Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr' and it made a huge impression on me, with that mental drum fill at the start you can tell that the song is going to be good. I got the album after hearing that song and theres one thing that annoys me about it, there is finger tapping in every solo and I can't finger tap so I can't play it. but any way great album.

KsE60
    LarsHamfield wrote: GoodCharloteSux And 555666 you guys dont know what your talking about first of all id like to see GoodCharloteSux play one of the more complex solos on the album like matts one on gunshot and 555666 who gives a sh** if its metal or metalcore there just useless labels so get off your high horses and appreciate some real talent just cuz ur jealous or watever doesnt mean you should talk down about possibly the greatest band of the 21st century so far
    Rock on man. I f***in' hate labels. Trivium rock and thats all there is to it.