Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

I'm a big heavy metal person and Trivium is the band that I listen to the most out of all of the bands I know. This whole CD is fantastic it has everything from the heavy songs like Suffocating Sight to the more slowed down songs like Dying In Your Arms. Even with all the bands I know today there is not a band that reminds me of Trivium. They are one of the most unique bands that you can always tell if it's them or someone else you hear when ever you hear a song. Matt and Corey are one of the best duos I've ever heard with guitar from the duets to the duet solos. And the drums and the bass follow up everything else so nicely.

The lyrics are great. they talk about all the problems people have today from the government and with Dying In Your Arms problems with love all the way to contemplating suicide with Departure. Another thing that makes them unique is when Matt isn't screaming he has so many other singing voices that he uses in all of Trivium's songs. I personally don't think I would like Trivium that much if they didn't sing every once in a while and with all his different voices he has it sounds great. And the lyrics and his singing go so nicely with the music. Every song has its own flow with it and the singing matches every song.

This CD ranks at the top of my list. This is a CD that in 5 years I'll still pop it in my CD player and listen to the whole thing starting with the first track. With there new CD coming out The Crusade Trivium has a lot of expectations and I highly doubt they will disappoint all of there loyal fans. My favorite songs on this album are of course Ascendancy, Suffocating Sight, Departure, Dying In Your Arms, and Pull Harder On Strings Of Your Martyr but I love every single song on this album including the opening track The End Of Everything. If this CD were stolen I would buy a new one, find the person who stole it, brutally murder them, and get it back. And for anyone reading this who hasn't heard this CD it will not dissapoint you.