Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

Trivium has been called the future of metal music, and after listening to Ascendancy a few times, it's fairly easy to see why. Trivium are a very young band who fuse a many different musical styles together to produce an album that simply blows Ember To Inferno, and most other metal cds out of the water.

Most of the singing on Ascendancy is metalcore-style screaming done by Matt Heafy, complemented by more melodic singing by the other members, fits the music very well and even though Trivium could easily be viewed as a Metalcore band, they do incorporate many styles into their music (including in the vocal department). The lyrics deal with many different subjects, most of which I'm not particularly interested in because I'm too busy listening to the fantastic guitar work.

Ascendancy is Trivium's second album, and it absolutely blows Ember To Inferno away with it's unique sound and style. Though Ascendancy is not a perfect album, it is a very good one and if Trivium keep improving on this, they may yet live up to the predictions that they will be the "Next Metallica" and "The Future Of Metal". My favourite tracks on the album are definately Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr, Ascendancy, A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation, Like Light To Flies and Dying In Your Arms. This album was well worth importing (as I couldn't find it anywhere in New Zealand), and if I lost it I would order two more without hesitation.