Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

Trivium has an amazing sound, years from now this cd should be a metal classic. Great guitar work by Corey and Matt. Great drum beats, bass riffs are just as good. This CD is just metal. I disagree with those stupid sub-catogorize ex-emo metalcore wiht a dash of melodic death, what the heck, all I have to say is metal metal metal, a great CD.

Matt heafy is a great singer. I love the various ways he sings, into nice Singing that any choir director would go nuts for, to Growling like an enraged moose. Matt heafy is a great lead singer, the lyrics are pretty good, The song "Like Light To The Flies" has some deep lyrics that you can tell they really thought about writing them.

This really doesn't compare to any other Cd's Matts voice is very unique. Corey and matt do make an amazing guitar duo. My favorite song from this CD would be, Declaration and Departure. Love 'em. I love every Song from this album. If it where stolen I would mug the person who stole it and tell him to buy me another 4 copies of that CD he stole from me. overall, this is a great metal album, if you are a fan of killswitch, Arch enemy, In flames, There is a Large chance that you will love this album also, buy it, it won't regret it.

xchrisx
    This is the most amazingist album i have heard, i know a 110% trivium is gonna b the next metallica and u cant disagree with me
    toolfan_121
    These guys have been hailed as the next Metallica. I disagree with that. I do like the sound, but the idea that these guys will reach the height of Metallica's success is doubtful. Just my opinion.
    TY&H
    A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation's got awesome guitar riffs. Agree?
    JVDumarC
    This album it's sinonymous of: AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLE, INSANE HEADBANGER, SHREDDINGBASTARD, wutever u want.
    theguitarist
    Checked/deleted. And I'm not happy about any form of inter-genre bickering. You don't like Trivium, don't post, you think Trivium is better than 'x' band, no-one cares so don't post that either. If you have a criticism about a review post it in a mature manner. Or else be officially warned.
    Anarion614
    xion665 wrote: I find some of these posts unbearable, the true musician/music lover should throw away all classification of music. I hear people all the time saying "oh, im so hardcore, i only listen to underground bands... **** mainstream shit" or "Man, nu-metal is so gay, you are gay for listening to that, you wouldnt be gay if you listened to metalcore" All of that is ignorant and retarded, it cool if you say "nah, dont like em much. rather not listen" But to come to a message board of a band you dont like just to bash them, thats just immature right there. Yeah, im talkin to all you twelve year old wannabe musicians. Respect music, thats all you have to do. I listen to everything, but i love metal the most. ALL METAL. Every sub class that the faggots created. The point is, if you like something, listen to it. If you dont listen to something just because its a certain genre and your friends dont like it... it is YOU that is mainstream. Definetly a poser right there. thats all, kthnx
    i love yoooou....
    Metallica708
    Matt Heafy being a very educated man
    You're joking, right? My friend has met him at Nottingham Rock city, and he's the nicest guy, but you can tell he blatantly spent all his time playing guitar rather than learning. Also, you see all those big words in the lyrics? That's not the mark of education. That's the mark of a dictionary. By the way, don't get me wrong. I freakin' love this album.
    RainbowGuitar42
    I wish I could scream like that. Or for that matter, play guitar as technically correct as Matt/Corey do. Oh, yeah, this is better than The Crusade so far... I haven't made up my mind yet. :-l
    AngryGuitarist
    Dude triviumfan FREAK OUT!! you COULD be the worst guitar player alive, or possibly the worst, so its not in my place to talk crap..
    Anarion614
    AngryGuitarist wrote: AmorVincitOmnia wrote: They're not Metal, they're Hardcore Metal with a hint of Thrash and Melodic Death. Wow...With a hint? of thrash? and melodic death? whats with catorgizes these days, can't everyone just call it metal, like it is suppose to be?
    and a dash of hard rock, a sprinkle of black metal... i swear thats what it sounds like these days. sry for the double post, but everyone is so obsessed with genres and classifications....sad
    AngryGuitarist
    Yeah hey triviumfan, dude did you read in guitarworld magazine that matt heafy is gonna quit doing the cookie monster yell thing? what do you think of that man?
    Triviumfan54
    Hey i didnt complain about the way he sings (or screams). i dont mind if he doesnt scream anymore, just so long as the lyrics are good and the guitars are as good as well]
    Kevin67
    yea I heard that too and I like it the only reason I don't listen to trivium nonstop is because of the agrivating voice
    Triviumfan54
    dude its so obviuos that their new album The crusade is gonna stop all the abuse about them cause theyve grown up so much musically and now the music reaches ona whole different level. im a huge trivium fan and i thought ascendancy was a great album, although the guitar work was a little overated, i can play all of their solos no problems. but that doesnt really make it any worse as an album.
    Kevin67
    why the hell do you guys post comments if all your going to say is: "trivium is the f***king best!!!!" I think everybody already knows that trivium is amazing so you shouldn't bother posting a comment if that's all your gonna say. Don't waste my time by making me read such pointless things.