Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

Triviums sound returns in this album, Ascendancy. The album contains superfast metal riffs, amazing solos, and choruses you find yourself humming to in the shower. On top of this is a lot of screamo lyrics. and double bass pedal thundering in the background. Their sound, in my opinion labels them as the next Metallica. Their shredding is amazing in this album.

The singer of Trivium combines cookie monster screamo lyrics and powerful normal lyrics I would compare to James Hetfield. Too bad for younger shredders, the lyrics are pretty dark, and might have their parents saying "No" to buying it. The screaming and normal singing go very good with the shredding guitars.

I love Ascendancy. I had never heard Trivium before but when my friend gave me a copy of Ascendancy I became an instant fan. I was hooked by song two, called "Rain", which later became one of my favorites. My other favorites include "Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr", "Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation", "Dying In Your Arms", and last but not least "Declaration". This album also inspired me to write a few songs of my own.

Plecshredder
    But he searched good for those words written down in the lyrics ! But I don't understand those comparisons with Like light to flies and Metallicas Master of Puppets ! I think there's no similarity to find ! Total different riffs and total different sounds ! And the way of playing this song is really different in comparison with MoP !
    Metallica708
    Plecshredder, i agree. Plus, Like Light To Flies is like the worst track on the album to me >.
    Frozen Side
    Trivium are the best band I've ever heard. Very powerfull metalcore, awsome drumms and guitars... Matt Heafy is a great vocalist: his screaming vocals are the best I've ever heard, and his clean singing is also very good. Rock On Trivium! \m/
    thirdeyepried
    Ember to Inferno is better than Ascendancy. It is raw and much more aggressive. Trivium is not the future of metal. They are the future of TRL.
    Styx
    Maybe they want to be the new Metallica, The Crusade sounds like a Metallica album even the vocal sounds like Metallica, even thought the album is great, is a lack of creativity!
    anthony4326
    i am so tired of all these people just coming to message boards and just typing meaningless crap like "trivium suck blah blah blah" besides to me in my opinion dont like metallica. they wrent even that great. dont know why people like em so much. to me. trivium has better solos, better lyrics and specially better music! just quit your shit!
    triviumrocks
    MetalDisease wrote: haha i love seeing you all fight. anyways anyone who has the ozzfest 2005 dvd or went there knows that heafy is not that great at guitar. his volume was all the way down and he messed up atleast three times. i cant really blame him, but hes no the metal god you all put him out to be. and if you didnt see his performance at ozzfest 2005 then dont give me shit.
    i saw the dvd....it does them no justice. matt is obsessed and playes for at least 2 hours every day. the crusade irritates me a little. they sold out on their screaming to please all you mainstream sheep like metallica99. i was expecting a little more from them, but i can say that they are both definitely guitar gods in the making. they should stop trying to be the next metallica and foccus on being the next trivium. i have moved on to demon hunter and afterimage at this point but i still listen to triv occasionally. when they throw out another masterpiece like Ascendancy, i will start giving them more time
    powerhead
    I dunno. I just don't like them. A friend was like, you gotta hear this band - they like the new metallica. they not :/. I mean - if there was absolutely nothing else to listen to, i guess i could listen to it and learn to enjoy it, but as long as i have Vulgar Display of Power, Rust in Peace and Kill 'em All in close proximity.... Forget abooooouuuut it.
    gutfeeling666
    Im f***ing amazed by the amount of people who actully posted a comment! It's true though, Trivium are good and there choice of axe brand is goood! DIME dean Razorbacks! Lets hope they produce more kool albums like this.