Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

The sound on this album is just absolutely astonishing and Trivium are talented at what they do with their instruments. The guitars on this album are just absolutely insane and Corey and Matt are just amazing guitar players and they really do show it on this album, with solos in every song it's just absolutely amazing. The drums on this album are pretty sweet and they have a drum intro to one song (Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr) and Travis is one skilled drummer I'll tell you that much not one second I am being bored by his drumming skills. The bass on this album was amazing and Paolo is amazing on the bass I swear he is one skilled dude and he just amazes me everytime I hear it.

The lyrics where do I even begin man. Matt Heafy is one talented vocalist I will tell you that much right now. His lyrics are absolutely insane some being about abuse, politics, or it can be emotional heartfelt lyrics like "Dying In Your Arms" which is a beautiful song and has an amazing solo. I really enjoy the screaming that Matt does and when Corey does the screaming in songs too it sounds absolutely amazing, but I'm kind of glad they moved away from screaming on their 3rd album (The Crusade).

This album cannot compare to any other artists because well I am telling you guys Trivium are the future of f--king heavy metal baby and I can't wait to hear more stuff from these guys. I don't have any favourite songs although their are 2 that really appealed to me and they are " A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation" and "Departure" because the solos in those songs are insane especially AGTTHOF which has like 4 solos I swear to god. I love everything about this album and there is nothing I am being honmeest right here, from the opening beautiful track of "The End Of Everything" through to "Declarition" this CD kicks complete ass. If it were stolen/lost I will like charge to the store I swear to god this band kicks ass and they are the future of metal I mean it.So I would recommend this to CD to anyone but if you listen to pussy music don't bother because it wont suit you!

AngleofDeaf666
    Trivium would have to one of the biggest poser bands on the earth, they just rip off tracks from other bands. There are so many better song writers out there than just Trivium.
    boyan89
    k stop bitching about Trivium, I love Metallica and Trivium and Metallica gave em props for this album(its in the news section) so you all you retards coming here to post shit about Trivium!!!FUCK YOU ALL!!
    punk-dude182
    best album ever!! i love the lyrics, especially "Declaration".. That song means so much in my life and so do the rest of the songs. TRVIUM WILL RULE THE WORLD!!