Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

The first time I heard this band, I thought to myself this is heavy(the first track Rain). But When I went more in depth into the CD I found lot's of variations. Such as a love song, thrash song and the rest could be compared to the bands first album. The duo of Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu could be the most prolific guitarists of their time. Gathering influences such as Dimebag, Kirk and James(Metallica), and Dave Mustaine.

Matt ranges his voice all over the place. From screaming to singing very soft which is a very good fit to him. The Lyrics as far as I'm concerned are just fukin' awesome. Like " a gunshot to the head of trepidation, my promise if you ever lay a finger" and "behold our beloved revels in tragedy, Self-denying avarice for bloodshed, behold hypocrite."

The album is Trivium. Period. Although it sometimes hint's at early Metallica it is purely Trivium. I love Like light To The Flies, Rain, Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr, and A Gunshot To the Head of Trepidation. Some other notables are the Deceived, Dying In Your Arms, Drownded And Torn Asunder, Asendancy, and Declaration.

Saffron_Inferno
    Trivium are a brilliant band and to know that these guys are so young make it unbelievable the amount of creativity and talent they pull off with their instruments on this album. This album is definately a gem of a metal record, the only unfortunate thing is that Matt doesn't use his metalcore scream on The Crusade and even live nowdays when they play songs from Ember To Inferno and this album.
    dimebagisgr8
    brillent album love it i supose now theyve grow up a bit they are gonna stop screamin which is a real shame but o well they still rule