Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

The sound on this album is amazing. The guitars are great along with the bass. The drums fit perfectley in there and really add a lot to the album. The thing that impressed me most about this album was the amazing guitars. They had great riffs and it was really heavy. They had solos in almost every song which was really cool. They took this album and really stepped it up from "Ember to Inferno."

The lyrics were just really amazing. Matt writes the best lyrics in my opinion. He puts such meaning into his songs which adds a lot to this album. The songs on this album that really stood out to me are, "Ascendancy" "Dying in your Arms" and "A gunshot to the head of Tripidation". "Ascecdancy" was just a really awesome song because it had a really cool meaning to it and it had and awesome chorus. "A Gunshot..." was just a really cool song because it was kind of like a mosher song. And finally "Dying in you Arms" just had a great meaning to the song and extremeley awesome guitars to back it up.

Overall I would say this is one of Trivium's best albums. It has great lyrics, awesome guitar sonuds, and the music and the lyrics fit so perfectley together. If you get the CD with all the bonus tracks on it, there is Trivium's cover of "Master Of Puppets" and it was incredible. I didn't think Trivium would be able to pull it off but they made it sound almost exactley like Metallica's version. If this CD was lost or stolen I would deffinatley go out and buy it again. This is such a great album and you should go out and buy it, because Trivium really needs peoples help.

civilunrest
    I love this album. I listen to it EVERY DAY. Matt and Corey are not only awesome guitarists, but they sound so good playing harmonies!!! 10/10!!! BTW, can the subgenre crap. Trivium are metal, plain and simple!
    Gregoric
    catchtherainbow wrote: and for a metalcore band...i'd prefer KsE....better song structure...
    KSE's song structure is simply...*Chugga chugga screamo verse with a couple of pinch harmonics*...*melodic chorus maybe with some pinch harmonics* (Repeat) *Chugga chugga breakdown with more pinch harmonics* then back to the chugga chugga chorus again lol. I like Killswitch but Trivium (in my opinion) do have better song structures and are musically a more talented band.