Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

The first ever Trivium song I heard was Dying in Your Arms. And I thought is was absolutely amazing! I wanted to hear some more and I heard Pull Harder and I knew I had to get it. It was definitely worth the money. The End of Everything starts the album softly and then bursts into Rain. Perfect. The songs all have the trademark Trivium sound. Screaming turning into soft singing which works perfectly. The riffs and solos absolutely blew me away. The best riff on the album I think would be Rain but my favorite solo(s) are A Gunshot To The Head, some brilliant harmonies, influenced by Iron Maiden. A great original metal sound.

I couldn't hear the lyrics at first because of Matt's scream. But once I read them I thought they are very clever songwriters. My favorite lyrics are Pull Harder, about torturing someone into beliefs. The lyrics in A Gunshot are based on child abuse and stopping it. People may think that screaming means that you can't sing. 1. Screaming is difficult and 2. Matt is a great singer when he does sing. Dying in your arms is a change to the other songs because it only has a small section of screaming and it is mainly singing. Departure is mainly singing but has more screams than Dying in Your Arms.

This has to be one of the best Trivium albums ever! There are no songs I don't like on this album. The Deceived and Declaration took me some getting into but now I love them!