Ascendancy review by Trivium

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Trivium: Ascendancy

The sound on the album is fantastic. I love the tone from both Matt and Corey's guitars on this album (I believe they used JCM2000's when recording this album). The riffs are very creative, and have very sentimental moods in some songs. Also, as on Ember to Inferno, Matt is screaming and there is some signing added in there. This album is personally one of the definitive albums of metalcore. My favourite two songs of this album are "A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation" and "Like Light To The Flies".

The lyrics on the album are pretty good in my opinion, and they all have some good meanings. The lyrics also flow well with the songs and their moods. And in terms of Matt Heafy's skill when singing/screaming, well, I love the screaming, he has a fantastic voice when screaming, and also is a good singer, although he sounds very much like James Hetfield.

Overall, this album is definitely a must have for any Trivium fan. It's their best album to date in my opinion, and it is also generally speaking a great metalcore album. Like mentioned, the screaming is top notch, and the riffs are great. The album flows fantastically, and is a really good album to listen to. I'd definitely buy this album again if it were stolen. I really do reccommend this album to fans of metal/metalcore too.

guitarfreak222
    AngleofDeaf666 wrote: Trivium would have to one of the biggest poser bands on the earth, they just rip off tracks from other bands. There are so many better song writers out there than just Trivium.
    omg! if u dont like trivium then get lost! dont post your worthless comments here TRIVIUM RULES!
    guitarfreak222
    wildchild6660 wrote: kfong03 wrote: corrda00 wrote: Guitar solos are what make the world go around. yep, thank god for slash and dime don't forget kirk and dave
    dont forget micheal angelo bATIO and steve vai! lol i was just bored...
    Triviumrule!!
    nothing beats this album. my fave trivium album by far...why cant they go back to this sorta stuff. matt's gotten singing lessons, but is it me or has his voice got worse???? he sounded amazing on this album.
    guitarfreak222
    Phantom Lord666 wrote: What the hell is metalcore??? someone please tell me, for I am stupid. (trivium kick ass, but their first album? I mean, does anyone actually have that?)
    Well my explanation of metalcore is that its a fusion with metal music and hardcore music. The sreaming mainly comes from the hardcore music and the technicality and riffs are from metalcore...this is my opinion so its not fact - checked..