Ember To Inferno review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 14, 2003
Trivium: Ember To Inferno

The production of this album is no where near as good as ascendency. Not that this album is bad, in fact, it's great, in my opinion a better listen than the overrated ascendency. The album is made up of brilliant riffs and great solos. Travis Smith also seems to be playing drums a lot better on this album. He plays much faster and the double bass is used much more creatively.

The lyrics are not that brilliant, though they do have a great epic feel to them unlike those on ascendency. Matt Heafy's scream is not as good as it is now, but the lyrics are a little better in my opinion. He sounds a little like kid when he sings, and to burn the eye has a terrible chorus due to the vocals (once again just in my opinion).

Personallly, I think this album is more enjoyable to listen through than ascendency. It's so epic and the riffs are brilliant. Solo's are fast and the songs are generally good fun. Great for a fan of Trivium, though those who can't see through not so great vocals and overpolished production will not appreciate it as much as it should be. If it were stolen, I'd probably let it go, as I'm not that much of a trivium fan.

iamthedecieved
    ive seen trivium twice best show ive seen no one owns a crowd like trivium and this album is nowhere near the same level of sound as ascendency but thats cuz they were on lifeforce at the time lets face it lifeforce is not roadrunner hehe i dont care i reado n another review and i completely agree these guys and shadows fall are the future of metal right now
    andrew88
    I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but 'Inception The Bleeding Skies' is actually 'A View Of Burning Empires' played backwards.
    A7XDisturbed
    Trivium is f**king awesome. I saw them live at the Phoenix Concert Theatre yesyurday and they burned the building down and then pissed on its ashes. F**king awesome band and album.
    godofrock82
    I think this album is way better the ascendancy but I still love Ascendancy!! Ember to Inferno was the first Trivium album I heard and my fav (even over the Crusade too) These dudes own!! By far my fav band and I would say the saviours of metal!!!