Ember To Inferno review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 14, 2003
Trivium: Ember To Inferno

The sound on this album blew me comepletely away! Triviums Debut album (not including the EP) was a great album to start a band off with. Their raw sound really shows that they were not the next metallica back then, just some guys wanting to play music. Greatly sounded with thrash, hadrcore, metalcore, some punk, and death metal. Put all those together you have one heavy punch you in the face sound. Their self titled track "Ember To Inferno" is my favorite and shows many styles put together. Mainly Hardcore, Thrash, and Death Metal. The harmonies are great and really liven up most the songs on this album. I greatly consider this album to Metal/Hardcore fans.

Matt Heafy has a great voice and shows it off in this album, althought some of his vocals sounded like a choir, his screaming was intellectual. Lyrics are great. In songs like "Ember to Inferno" and Blinding Tears will Break the Skies, the singing is out standing. Got to love Heafy voic eon this album, he had more of his own style, not somebody else's, which is what I love. Nothing much else to say here.

Overall, a great quality album. I have only had this album for a day and already listened to it all the way through. If I lost this I would definately buy it again. I love all the different styles incorporated in this album, I kinda dislike the choir type voacls, it sometimes flow, but sometime it is just plain weird. overall one of the best albums I have!