Ember To Inferno review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 14, 2003
Trivium: Ember To Inferno

Trivium has an all-star line up. Although on their first album, being Ember To Inferno, they started as a 3 piece band. Trivium started with a very unique Metalcore sound, crushing riffs, melodic solo's, lyrics with very deep meaning. The album starts with a very erie intro, then hits hard with track 2 (Pillers Of Serpents). The album doesn't drag at all, very fast paces and even some slow instrumentals that give you a bit of a break from something so heavy...but not for long, then when the next song comes in, it hits you just as hard as it did the first time listening to it. You can easily hear their influences showing when you listen to their music, some being Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Pantera, ect.

The lyrics in this album are easy to interpret if you have a wide vocabulary. The lyrics fit in very well with all of the songs, and what still blows my mind is how Matt Heafy can sing all of this while he's playing those crazy riff's. The lyrics are definitely not lacking in any way, shape, or form.

The songs on this album are very good, but however, they aren't as structured and can seem repetitive at times. That still doesn't change how I feel about the album. Some of the songs that stand out the most for me are Fugue (A Revelation) for it's catchy verses, Requiem because it's just heavy as hell and has a great solo followed by an awesome tremolo riff, Ember To Inferno for being the album track, and so it should, this song definitely fits the part of being tha album track, and My Hatred, it starts out with a heavily distorted E power chord and comes in with a very nice and melodic harmonized riff, the songs carries itself through very nicely untill the solo...which completely blew me away the first time I heard it. It definitely shows you that Matt has the skill and that he's not afraid to use it. If I ever lost this cd for some reason, there's no question that I would buy it again. It is one of the best cd's I own and I treasure it.

ashesofthewake
    thrice_1989 wrote: paolo wasnt even in the band qhwn this album was released
    neither was Corey Beaulieu
    slayer_213
    Love it. shits all over crusade and the riffs are brilliant and when all light dies is the 2nd best trivium song behind drowned and torn asunder
    bmth13
    this album rules so much anger in the songs such as My Hatred, When All Light Dies, and Pillars Of Serpents. Long Live Trivium!!!! \m/
    TriviumFan717
    corey and palo werent in the band at the time of this release. awesome album, one of my favortites