Shogun review by Trivium

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
Trivium: Shogun

Trivium is known for there complex riffs and great songs.Their new album shogun is no exception! The CD itself is organized song by song in a way that keeps you excited about the next song. The unusal thing about the album is that it was recorded than no other than the country music capital. Nashville Tennesse. talk about a strange place to record a metal CD. This album really shows the true talent of this very talented band.

The lyrics. I just got to say that the lyrics really bring life to the songs. they were thought out and given a lot of atention to. the singer has more skills than I originally thought. with more balance with the clear and sreaming the songs have a nice flow to them.

This album is really different than any other Trivium album yet with songs like Down from the Sky and krisute gomen this album gives others a run for their money. Favorite think about the album. The riffs. their epic.The only thing I hate is the fact that I ran out of songs to listen to. I wish it had more. this was a must have in my books. if it messed up or got stolen I would definetly buy a new one.

Jcruik
    triviums best album in my opinion only thing is they play 7 string guitars so its near impossible to learn their new stuff on a 6 six string 8| apart from that its a class album
    gttm
    Unbelievable album, fell in love with it as soon as I heard Kirisute Gomen. I think this is an enormous step up for the band, although I've loved all of their albums to date. Ember to Inferno is the only one that lacks the same brilliant qualities as the others, but it's still awesome. And to those saying Matt sounds like James or that Trivium sounds like Metallica: no they ***ing don't! Whoever thinks that must be deaf! Trivium have far surpassed Metallica in every way, even Metallica's 4 first albums can't compare to Trivium. And, Shogun is a far superior album to Death Magnetic, by far.
    mtllica
    stewiegriffin23 wrote: dis was da 1st trivium album downloaded n i was vry impressed by dem,.....deyr real gud!!
    is that even english???
    mtllica
    gttm wrote: Unbelievable album, fell in love with it as soon as I heard Kirisute Gomen. I think this is an enormous step up for the band, although I've loved all of their albums to date. Ember to Inferno is the only one that lacks the same brilliant qualities as the others, but it's still awesome. And to those saying Matt sounds like James or that Trivium sounds like Metallica: no they ***ing don't! Whoever thinks that must be deaf! Trivium have far surpassed Metallica in every way, even Metallica's 4 first albums can't compare to Trivium . And, Shogun is a far superior album to Death Magnetic, by far.
    uhm...that's just not right...not right at all...