Shogun review by Trivium

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
Trivium: Shogun

"Shogun" is Trivium's most recent album, and it is the second album to feature 7-string guitars but their first to feature them exclusively. The music on the album is a mix of Thrash, Prog, and Metalcore. The drums are the best ever on any Trivium album, Good job Travis Smith, and Matt and Corey have some very interesting guitar stuff.

The Lyrics are great they are as beautiful as the music the are heard with and make an impressive collage of sound. Matt uses the gruff vocals he used on "The Crusade" and the screaming he used on the earlier albums, "Ember to Inferno" and "Ascendency". His Singing is impressive in Of "Promethius and The Crucifix"

This is my favorite Trivium album to me it's the best. The most impressive song is Kirisute Gomen, everything in the song is so complex the guitars are incredible and the vocals work perfectly with the melodies in the song. The song Shogun is increadle especially the way it builds and settles, it is the first Trivium song I've heard with a long Mellow part. I would replace it if I lost it because it is worth every penny.