Shogun review by Trivium

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
Trivium: Shogun

I like all of Trivium's albums, but I think this one is the greatest and definitely most epic album by Trivium yet.There is a good balance of screaming vocals and softer singing as well, and sounds amazing.I really like all of the tracks on this album. 01.Kirisute Gomen 02.Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis 03.Down from the Sky 04.Into the Mouth of Hell We March 05.Throes of Perdition 06.Insurrection 07.The Calamity 08.He Who Spawned the Furies 09.Of Prometheus and the Crucifix 10.Like Callisto to a Star in Heaven 11.Shogun

The lyrics are amazing as usual by Trivium, definitely one of my favorite parts.They fit great with the music, which I would expect, and Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis is probably the darkest sounding track on this album.Matt Heafy's vocals are his best yet and one of my favorite vocalists.The mix of the growl type singing and screaming is balanced well and fit perfectly.

My favorite is Down from the Sky which is my second favorite Trivium song (right behind Like Light to the Flies).I really love Shogun which is an amazing closer and my favorite part is about from the 4minute through 7minutes 40seconds part, where it slows down and soundls lik a ballad than gradually gains speed and becomes very heavy.My favorite songs from favorite to least favorite are Down from the Sky, Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis, Throes of Perdition, Into the Mouth of Hell We March, Shogun, Kirisute Gomen, Like Callsito to a Star in Heaven, Of Prometheus and the Crucifix, Insurrection, He Who Spawned the Furies, and The Calamity.Love all the songs and would definitely want it back if stolen, though I have it ripped and could burn it.I definitely recommend this album!

guitarfreak222
    poona wrote: I really enjoyed this album, had lots of really great songs, although there was some pretty weak tracks (Of Prometheus and the Crucifix, Like Callisto to a Star In Heaven, and bits from He Who Spawned the Furies) but everything else was really crunchy, they do that really over the top, kind of corny, story telling thing that I really love, too. And guitarfreak222, Matt did say on the making of Shogun DVD that he still does the same scream from Ascendancy, it doesnt sound that much different, only difference being that on Shogun it sounds more controlled.
    Mehh, I think it sounds way lower and louder in shogun...oh well. I may be wrong.