The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

The Sound for this album is amazing, no doubt helped by Matts new razorback and Corey's Razorback V (The owner of the very first one ever. the guitar work on this album is exceptional, very tight with some very hard pieces for Matt to play while singing, infact he admitted that one of Corey's masterpieces called "Tread The Floods" might be too hard for him to play live. The solo's are as fast and as amazing as you would expect from Trivium, though not as many of them are haramonised as they were in ascendency, which obviously isn't all that bad, makes them very fast and very powerful.

The lyrics of this album are much more focused on worldwide issues rather than Matts own life, with the starting track "Ignition" talking about america being a very paranoid place trying to force people not to be different, which seems to be the theme for a lot of the tracks such as "Contempt Breeds Contamination" and "And Sadness Will Sear" though that track is about a man named Matthew Sheppard who was strapped to a fence by 2 guys and beaten to death because he was gay, and the song follows along the events and the sadness that followed.

Greatest album I have ever heard, and I've heard quite a few in my time, even surpasses Master of Puppets and Cowboys From Hell. First album I've ever listened to and liked every single track, very very rare. All of the guitar work is astounding and the vocals just work so well with the new guitar style, it really does have that old school thrash kind of sound but at the same time Trivium add a whole lot of their own passion into the works, making it the single greatest album and the best buy ever.