The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

The sound and style of this album is very different from the previous two. This album sounds like a mix of Metallica, Pantera, Slayer and any other old school metal heads hero bands. Matt Heafy doesn't yell or scream any more so the songs are a lot more melodic. The guitar work is different than the last album, it's just not all string skipping the songs have good structure and cachy choruses. The guitar solos and drums are still insane and the bassist has really improved.

The lyrics are based mostly on government.And I think one of the songs is about a book about dragons. Matt Heafy has really improved as a singer since he doesn't scream anymore. The choruses are still really cachy. "We are the fire" is the cachy chorus in Anthem.

I think the best songs are: Anthem, a real hair '80s inspired metal song that kind of sounds like hair metal, good chorus, solos and bridge. Detonation, although I don't really like the beginning, halfway through the song it gets good and kind of sounds similar to Dying In Your Arms from Asendancy. The Crusade, one of the craziest songs I'v ever heard, some crazy sweet tapping and sweep picking, a couple bass solos and some impressive drums, this song is the best on the album. Overall I think this album is great. If you like old school Metallica you'll love it. If it were stolen I'd buy it twice more just in case.

Hammer-Time
    i love this album, the anthem (we are the fire) great song, just turn your backs on your enemies and let those mother****ers rot in their jealousy GREAT lyrics! i like how matt has changed the way he goes about singin these songs. iv got ember to inferno and ascendency or however its spelled, and out of those 2 cd's you might be able to get about 15 words out of all of it ha ha, this new matt its alot better. good job trivium. keep it up
    hookawithapenis
    id say it was bearable on ascendancy,but watchin rain live without the shouting sucked ass....utter baws The album is alright but produced like juice from concentrate....its nowhere near raw enough....
    A7XDisturbed
    ok seriously just because Matt stopped screaming doesn't mean that trivium sold out. That statement is fu**ing bull. Maybe he did it to save his f***ing voice or it was irritating. Don't say they sold out cuz they didn't they just changed they're music. Like it or don't!