The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

The sound on this album is absolutely overwhelming and astonishing. This band will be the future of metal along with Lamb of God and Slipknot. Matt and Corey are amazing guitarists and their solos are just overwhelmingly amazing and the breakdown's in this album are cool too and I like the cool effects they use in this song. The drums on this album have improved too but I thought that it would be really cool to have a drum intro like in Ascendancy (Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr). The bass in this album is incredible and I love that little bass solo it does in The Crusade.

The lyrics in this album are absolutely astounding and Matt heafy can sing about anything from rage, politics to f-u all and just stuff. matt is amazing at writing lyrics I mean he isnt one of those guys that sings about "Boo hoo ho my girlfriend dumped me whaaa whaa". Matt Heafy sings about how the world is becoming corrupt an all and homophobia and racism are being major factors of how this world is now.

This album can compare to some old school Metallica and the riffs are kind of thrashy (Slayer and Pantera). Every song on this album amazed and when you listen to Trivium you cannot say even one of their songs sucked I mean they are so talented at what they do and they are not a pussy band like Simple Plan. I love everything about this album and I hate nothing about it since it blew me away. If it were stolen/lost I will litteraly beat up the person and stab them and if it was lost I would buy like 5 new copies.

Adamantium
    LeadGuitarRcker
    Trivium has always rock and they still do, so what if they sound like the legends we praise(Metallica,Iron Maiden..etc), shouldnt we be thankful, i think there makin ***king history
    Adamantium
    LeadGuitarRcker, dude, at least you admit they sound too much like others, seriously, that's nothing to go down into history for, at least in a good way. all you have to do is know how to play guitar, then anybody can rip off another band, so what, should they go down into history too?
    blackfire1206
    Adamantium wrote: coooool, jesus, jesus christ thank you, you have no idea how hard it is to actually talk to somebody who's reasonable about music. i mean, shit, i like trivium, but even if they were my fave band ever i wouldn't go into denial like some of these people on here and pretend like i don't think they ripped off so many bands. that's just lying to yourself. i like 'em, i don't respect them, i don't think they're badass, but they definitely don't suck.
    haha i agree, it is hard to talk to someone who understands the talent it takes to write music. and by the way i found out through an interview that 'the crusade' is really an ode to all of their favorite bands. they wrote the songs that way to sound like others to show tribute to the bands they love. 'the crusade' is just a statement describing the rise of metal in the 80s, how thgey were 'crusading' with their music across the world and they only wanted to show a tribute. so hopefully their next album will be much much better.