The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

Trivium's new album The Crusade came out October 10, 2006. It was named CD of the month for October. I am going to give you my opinion on each song. 01. Ignition - before I heard this song and just saw the name I thought it was going to be a really cool song. I listened to the song and I didn't think it was their best. The guitars sound powerful and all but it wasn't to my liking. 02. Detonation - the first time I heard this song I wasn't a huge fan of it. I listened to it more over time and I learned to like it. The guitars sound good in the song and the Dimebag squeals in the solos were cool. The only part I didn't like was Paolo Gregoletto's (bassist) singing part. 03. Entrance Of The Conflagration - I loved this song from the start. The guitars have a powerful sound to them and Matt Heafy has a James Hetfield type of tone of singing in this song-in a good say. 04. Anthem (We Are The Fire) - the guitars have a good sound to them and the solos are awesome. The sweeps in the solos just show the Trivium fans how talented they really are. And they are only in their lower 20s. Awesome song. 05. Unrepentant - I like this song. Not one of the greatest but it is good. Just like always, the guitars sound good and I like the lyrics. 06. And Sadness Will Sear - I don't like this song. The guitars don't sound very good and the lyrics are kind of cheesy. It just sounds too quiet to me. 07. Becoming The Dragon - awesome song. The guitars sound cool in this song and I like the singing. I like the screaming part in the middle of it. That made the song sound even better. And at the end when Paolo came in with the bass solo after Matt's solo was awesome. Just don't make Paolo sing. Watch Like Light to Flies live on youtube.com to understand what I am saying. Listen on the "Bleeding Out The Eyes" part. 08. To The Rats - definitely a song worthy to make it into the shows as an opener. This is a good song and sounds good with the little bit of screaming. 09. This World Can't Tear Us Apart - I didn't expect this from Trivium. I like the song but the lyrics don't sound like anything they would write. But the sound is good. I like the guitars. 10. Tread The Floods - another cool song on the album as well as worthy of making it into shows also. The guitars are awesome in this song. The singing sounds cool. Travis Smith's (drummer) double-bassing in the chorus is really cool sounding going along with the guitars and the singing. 11. Contempt Breeds Contamination - I like the 7 string guitars in this song. It starts off a little boring but it gets better as the song progresses. 12. The Rising - as a sort of like a Metallica sound to it - in a good way. Metallica's awesome. The guitars sound kind of Metallica-ish. Has a good overall sound to it. 13. The Crusade - one of my favorite instrumentals of all-time. Paolo actually wrote all the guitar and bass lines by himself. He did a good job. I have to give him credit. He is pretty good a writing music. The Crusade and Metallica's The Call of Ktulu are my two all-time favorite instrumentals.

Some the song lyrics sounded like they were deep and some of them didn't. Some of the lyrics to Entrance of the Conflagration sounded like they should have been screamed. The lyrics went in perfect with the music. Matt Heafy has come a long say singing-wise from Ember to Inferno to The Crusade.

Trivium is following in Metallica's footsteps. Trivium got bigger as the CDs went on from Ember to Inferno to the Crusade like Metallica did from Kill 'Em All to Master of Puppets. And also for each band after their first three albums they each had a bassist die. I think Trivium might be the next Metallica but won't get as big. My favorite songs from The Crusade are Anthem, Entrance, and Tread the Floods. If I lost or if it got stolen I would buy it again if it didn't eventually get it back.

metalicatrivium
    blackfire1206
    metalicatrivium wrote: The Crusade is a ****ing kickass album. I dont see how a lot of people hate it. The Crusade is better than Ascendancy. Although Ascendancy was good too. I think all of Triviums albums are awesome.
    because it sounds like a lot of other good bands. it odesnt have their sound it in it. the vocals sound like metallica, the riffs sound like metallica, megadeth, annihilator and iron maiden. it doesnt have the same edge as it would if it was their own sound. not a bunch of other bands' sounds meshed together with their influence. its a good album. but its not as good as ascendancy BECAUSE ascendancy was totaly their own sound, not everyone elses.
    A7XDisturbed
    Styx wrote: This album rules i haven't stop listening to it seen it came out, but it sounds like and immitation to Metallica back in the black album,load,reload days... other than that it rules!
    WTF! Are you kidding me. Trivium does not sound like post-And Justice Metallica. Each are different.