The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

The sound was impressive. Every song on the album gave good potential. Ignition being the first track really gave a good first impression. Detonation really had it. I do think the song lacked a bit in the solo sections but it easily picked up in the outro. Entrance of the conflagration I think was right on the target in perfection, but again the song lacked a bit in the solo sections. Anthem (We Are The Fire) really showed another side of trivium whether in a positive or negative way. The song had a '80s touch to it. And sadness will sear is a great song and you could really tell in the verses it had a james hetfield influence. Unrepentant had an outstanding chorus which was an amazing highlight of the song itself. Becoming the dragon really showed a metal-hard rock side instead of the regular common metal core. The interlude was outstanding and everyone would get the nerve to rock out. The song lacked in the solo sections, once again. Contempt breeds contamination in my opinion had that "Fight Fire With Fire" attitude to it. Great solo, great chorus & awesome outro. The rising I think was one of the main songs with a penatonic blues feel to it that most songs with soloing didn't have, not saying it was positive or negative decision. To the rats I think was the highlight of aggresion on the album. The "in your face" and against everyone showed great thrash. I think early metal heads and early megadeth & metallica lovers might consider this. This world can't tear us apart was a great song almost in the same state as "Dying In Your Arms" but I think the 7th string and the way it was played on guitar ruined the song. On a song like this I would rather recommend them tuning drop d or just finding more of personal touch with the song. Tread the floods in my opinion was the top song. The solo was absolutely amazing. The song itself had a great impact on the way the album flowed. The last and final, the grand daddy "The Crusade" I think had an amazing intro but then fell into a off task section which ruined the song. A lot of the parts were fitting but at the same time a lot of riffs seemed like they were just thrown in or something. I did enjoy the interlude, almost had a orion sequence to it.

The lyrics were acceptable. Some of the lyrics were to plain or as I would say undescriptive but other wise everything seemed ok. I do think a lot of the older lyric writing was more descriptive and more detailed. I think matt heafy really learned how to express his natural voice.

I think it does deserve a great spot. Ascendancy was in my opinion matched up pretty well along with ember to inferno. I think the most impressive songs were entrance of the conflagration, unrepentant, tread the floods and the crusade. I love equal amount of progressive and just plain metal that was put in the album. One thing I really don't like about this album is the 7 string guitars. It sounds smujy (I don't know the grammer to this word). Overall the album was an outstanding album.

WhiteLightning
    yea its a song title whats it matter... This album is definately different from ther former ones, but its still kickass!!!!!
    Anselmo_
    ordinary_story
    there r sum really irritating vocal parts on this cd.....and the lyrics sumtimes mess up the song...ok album.....nothing like ascendancy tho
    Trivium_Fan13
    Anselmo_ wrote: I can't wait for this band to vanish like every other trend. I really don't see any talent in this metalcore band.
    Is this guy a Phil wannabe, because I'm sorry but Trivium are the next phase in the history of metal, they are setting a bar that many will jump for but will fall short of..
    anthony4326
    trivium are barely iin their 20's. early 20's. matt is 20 corey is 22 paolo is 21 i think and travis is 24. damn@ at that age, common, they are touring with iron maiden!, they released 3 albums! they are now being in every guitar, drum and bass magazine! their idols like their music! you know what.....anyone who say trivium doenst have talent.....are retarted. seriously wey! and trivium are thrash! ok! they said it so! and also cause it says on their myspace page! and metallica? my opinion. is not that good. seriously! end of story!