The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

They are all really good songs but it would have been better if they had stick to screaming. The only problem with this CD is somtimes you can hear the bass mess up a few times. The music style is diffrent Matt doesn't scream anymore but it still sounds great. Well Corey still screams like in To the Rats and Detonation. You can hear Matt scream a little bit in Tread the Floods.

The lyrics meanings were about big huge murders in the past. With some love type song like This world can't tear us apart pretty much has the same meaning as Dying in your arms from here second album Acendancy. Matt Heafy doesn't really scream as much. Some people say he doesn't scream becuase he broke his vocal chords, that's not true he said he finally learnd how to sing so now this is the way he is but I hope he gets back to screaming, still sounds good though.

I would say it's way way better sound than Acendancy better! The songs I recommend you listen to is Entrance Of The Conflagrtion, Tread The Floods, Anthem (We Are The Fire), Crusade, To The Rats, Ingnition and This World Can't Tear Us Apart. I would buy a new one when it gets sonlen or lost but that's not going to happen.

Sandman8591
    i absolutely love trivium!, i love this album!, but i miss the screaming. and that's where Diecast comes in. someone check them out they are awesome
    thrasher_666
    I would actually call this the Ride The Lightning of our generation. I love this album! TRIVIUM KICKS ASS!!
    TOB00
    Trivium pretty much rocks but seriously people, it took me nearly five minutes to get to here to post my comment after reading the first review!! Its awesome that everyone likes them a lot but come on, its not okay to love thom to death. Eric Clapton is like freakin god to me but you dont see me making a bajillion comments on all of the EC reviews and stuff man. But on a side (and slightly hypocritical) note, The Crusade is freakin awesome. I love it.
    Triviumfan54
    AnEvilWalrus wrote: Is it just me or does the intro to Unrepentant sound like Through the Never by Metallica?
    You're right, it is pretty much the exact same rif, but with different note emphasis', and a more Megadeth like distortion.
    $DIME RULES!!!$
    This Album was the shitest thing Ive eva heard when they said they were the next metallica they took it literally. The heavey metal media made this album like god or something it is a peice of shit if u own it BURN IT!!!!!