The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

Trivium. People either love them or hate them, it seems like. I am one of the ones that love them. I think they are the best thing that's happened to metal in awhile. Matt and Corey have inspired me so much. Anyway onto the album. This album has some very killer guitar and all the band memeber have really become great musicians and they still are very young. Paulo has become quite a bass player, and he even plays solos on the songs "Becoming the Dragon" and "The Crusade." Travis Smith is a great drummer, and Matt and Corey just freakin own at guitar. As you all know they use a seven string on a few of the tracks. Anyway this is a great album, regardless what a lot of people have to say.

The lyrics are based on problems in the world rather than on Ascendancy which was more about personal problems. Some of the songs are about real stories. OK. now to the vocals. Just becase Matt is doing the James Heatfield thing does not mean Trivium is ripping off Metallica. For one James doesnt't even sing like that anymore, and 2 Metallica has influenced them a lot and they look up to Metallica. Not even all the vocals are like Heatfield, Matt does some of his own singing style.

Great CD. I highly recomend it to thrash metal lovers that haven't allready checked it out. The title track instrumental is completly insane. Ripping guitar, it even has a bass solo. Trivium are some of the best musicians out there. I love everything about this Album, I can't even imagine how they will be on the next one.