The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

Trivium have come a long way from that metalcore band to what they are today, a hard working band made up of some amazing musicians. I would have to say that I am glad that they stop the screaming and started to sing, and when Corey screams, he does it tastefully and it fits the song. But while I love this album, there are some weak points. Ignition: 8 out of 10. Starts out pretty thrashy, but it still is melodic, the only thing I'm not crazy about is the solo, it seems a little forced, and I'm really not critical about solos, But still, it's driving and heavy, yet still melodic. Detonation: 10 out of 10. The first song I ever heard and one of my favorites, great verse riff, awesome solo and very good drumming by Travis. The solos keep the song going, and the riffs keep my head banging.Amazing Song. Entrance of the conflagration: 9 Out of 10. Another good song, Very thrashy and great solos. The only reason I gave it a nine is because it seems to get a little repetitive but still amazing. Anthem (we are the fire)10 out of 10. Very good song, great riffs, solos, and very sing along type song. Almost reminds of iron maiden. Unrepentant: 8 out of 10. Still a very good song, yet it reminds to much of metallica and gets a little repetitive, Almost the down point of the album. And sadness will sear: 9 out of 10. And now here come the seven strings.it's a little slow, but it just is amazing and very emotional and still very heavy. This song is making me save up for a seven string. Becoming the dragon: 10 out of 10. This is amazingly breathtaking. They use that seventh string a little, but when they do, it enhances the the experience. Great solos, and a bass solo by Paolo, may I also say that Paolo is amazing at bass and is the only bass player besides cliff burton that I will listen to the bass instead of the guitars. Fantastic drumming and awesome screams from Corey, amazing song. To the rats: 7 out of 10. To be honest, I'm really not crazy about this song it's good, just not really good, the down point of the album to me. This world can't tear us apart: 10 out 10. An amazing thrash balled and really nice use of that seventh string, good solos, good singing, all around, great song. Tread the floods: 10 out of 10. awesome, is the only word that comes to mind. Great intro, verse, bridge, Chorus, solo, singing, drumming, bass, Everything is amazing. Contempt breeds contamination: 8 out of 10. Great intro and amazing, but a little repetitive, Still a great performance. The Rising: 9 out of 10. Great sing along track and good solos. Just an awesome song. The Crusade: 10 out of 10. The moment you all have been waiting for. this song practically Brings a tear to my eye. High point of the album. just a piece of art and it really astonishes me that they have come this far. Excellent performance.

I really don't listen to the lyrics, but from what I've heard they do have some meaning and aren't just words. And. Matt has gone from just another screamer to an amazing singer. And Corey's screams are awesome, they really have a good singing duo here. That's the sound of humanity melting away Say goodbye it's the end of days Fire rains down on the American dream Watch all you love see them scream. Each will dig their own graves And bury themselves in life's failures. Just a line that shows that trivium are thrash and not just Metalcore.

If this came out in the 80's, Metallica and Megadeth would have a hard time keeping up. The Best songs to me are Ignition, Detonation, Entrance, Anthem we are th- ah froget it the whole album is amazing. I love the guitar work and the singing in it and it's drumwork is awesome too. If it got stolen, I would buy it again and just sit back and listen to the awesomeness of trivium. I'll be getting there fourth album for sure and so should you.

scotthubbs101
    to be honest i love this album becouse think of this way they went from pretty original sound asendency to amazing guitar the crusade bcouse they went from nu metal to neo classical style shred i mean come on if you dont like it or the guitars why are you on this site
    Johnny1029
    All I can say is this. I thought the album sucked so I never really thought of purchasing it and then maybe a year and a half later, or about a month ago, I decided to download it, yes I downloaded, and try to possibly like it cause I'll give any album a chance just to prove a point about it but alas this album really made me want to wash my mouth out with Ascendancy and Embers to Inferno after listening to it. I think I might have actually liked 3 and 1/4 songs on this whole album. 3 and 1/4 because I only liked half of Detonation and 3/4 of Anthem, due to the stupid "woah oh woah oh" part after the solo which was very irritating to say the least. So this means that I pretty much didn't like this album and some of it is because Heafy really destroyed the songs with his Hetfield impersonation. Yes people he is trying to rip off Metallica and don't say he isn't cause he is. People might say he's not as strong as James Hetfield but hence the word "trying" to rip of Metallica. The last thing I have to say about this album is that the lyrics suck badly. It's really almost like they got kinder gardeners together to help them with their lyrics for this album and those who say they were amazing lyrics were either: A. high B. drunk C. tripping on LCD or D. such a major fan of Trivium that they could have put Dr. Seuss books in their songs and they would have called it "the most metal thing they have ever heard". I will be writing a full review on this too so watch out because I'm not going to be so lenient like the BIG fans here. I will note that I am a Trivium fan and I tried, and I really do mean TRIED, to listen to this album and I just think cavemen could've done a better job and imitating Metallica. With that being said kudos for the solos, even though they sound rushed. Also make sure not to "break every bone in your face" because that would hurt really bad...or at least that's what Matt Heafy thinks.
    penetratetotheh
    these fags should stick to their generic metal-core bullshit the fact that theyre trying to be like metallica is pathetic STOP TRYING TO BE METAL YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME