The Crusade review by Trivium

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Trivium: The Crusade

The sound on the album is fantastic. The guitars have been mixed fantastically, and the guitar parts work together so well. One of the highlights of the album for me is the harmonies which Matt and Corey perform. They are simply beautiful! As always, Travis' drumming is spot on and you can't fail Paolo for his bass. I think it would be nice if Trivium had more creative bass lines, but nevertheless they fit the songs. The songs which stand out to me are: Ignition, Entrance of the Conflagration, Anthem (We Are the Fire), Unrepentant and Tread the Floods. These songs all have fantastic riffs, awesome vocals and great solos.

The lyrics on this album seem to be up to good standards, but are slightly lacking compared to Ascendency. However, Matt's voice is fantastic. His voice does sound very similar to James Hetfield's, but his voice fits the music perfectly. The album lacks screaming like on Ascendency and Ember to Inferno, and it is a bit of a miss, but this album is more thrash metal orientated than metalcore, and normal vocals fit well with the music.

In my opinion this is the second best Trivium album. First being Ascendency, and third being Ember to Inferno. Musically, the album is fantastic. It has all the elements of Trivium you would expect, except screaming vocals. If you're a true Trivium fan, this album may be sup-par for you, but any thrash metal fan would love it.

tekee007
    why the **** would he stop screaming. it really pisses me off.ascendacy was amazing it had the perfect balance between singing and screaming and now they just kinda suck. they kinda seem like a pansy poser band or something. it just doesnt seem like metal
    castoo
    If I wanted a metallica album, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A MDFING Metallica album this cd is junk, I wouldn't have even minded them changing into something new, but everything on this cd sounds like a million others
    Streetcleaner
    anyone that thinks Trivium are the best band of "there generation" needs to go listen to some REAL metal
    guitarfreak222
    "Contempt Breeds Contamination is a great song that shows Heafy's anger against racism, and especially in this song about cops who kill african americans just because of their race" the cops mistakend the guy for a rapist and they shot at him.