The Definitive Act review by Tsunami Bomb

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Tsunami Bomb: The Definitive Act

I've been a fan of these guys for quite some time and the thought of a new album coming out in September 2004 got me realy excited. I've listening to the definative act now for nearly a year and it sounds soo good. I must say overall the album is an event to listen to, evey song is different, which is great because a lot of punk bands find a sound and then stick to it, they don't experiment and alot of stuff does tend to sound the same. I love the fact that every album or EP that they put out there has it's own identity and they take a different aproach with every album, and although the sound of this album ins't as epic to me as The ultimate Escape, I still have to take my hats off to them for having the guts to advance and embrace the new album as a challenge, making it sound new and different. They are a band thet continue to inpress me with their edge and sucess, this album sounds great and should be a must for any seriouse punk fan. Congrats guys.

Agent M has a tallent for pushing the bar out soo far with her singing. She has the most incredible powerful voice and it's perfect for the punk scene. If there was any doubt that bands and female singers don't mix before, listening to this album and any one before it for that matter would surely put your mind to rest. She is fenominal and has a great live confidence. The lyrics in this album once again do not compare with that of their previouse album, but that does not take away the brillientness and the impact of the lyrics in this one. M has a way with words that makes you think, she twists things and moulds the most incredible metaphors to produce these really clever, impressive songs. I just love the way she works with words. In this album I was ever aware of the same subjects and similar stories that appear in previouse songs, but the way in which they are sung, the way in which they were written and within the new sound of this album it doesn't matter. Incredible.

Tsunami Bombs latest effort is my album of the year, I love it. The best song in my oppinion is Jigsaw, it's the last song on the album which suprises me. When you look at the last song on any album, you usualy find that the artist/band is bored now, cant be bothered and records any old poo and slaps it on the end! Not the case here. Agent M once again pushes the bar ever up again with some extreamly high quality singing and the rest of the band create this amazing musical atmousphere that I have never heard in a song of their songs before. It stands out amoung every other song they have ever written. When it comes to comparing them with any one else, you just can't, I'm not saying that they're better than everyone else in the world I'm just saying that they're the best thing on the punk scene right now. They're heads and shoulders above the rest and deserve a big party with lots of balloons and streamer things for being awesome! I love this album and put it gladly on my shelf with my small collection of real CD's with a big happy grin on my face!