Apoclaypse Dudes Review

Turbonegro: Apoclaypse Dudes
Released: Jan 26, 1999
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock, Punk Revival, Garage Punk
It's hard to take Apocalypse Dudes seriously, so it's best not to try. Turbonegro's greatest album mixes the best excesses of '70s and '80s hard rock and metal and delivers them with punk rock attitude.
 9.2
 9.3
 9.1
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Apoclaypse Dudes Reviewed by: knerken, on april 27, 2005

Sound: I think Turbonegro's sound is very unique. They have a great speedy punk/metal sound with a Les Paul-style solo sound. // 10

Lyrics: Turbonegro's lyrics are the sickest lyrics ever! Their opening track on this album is about a pizza restaurant and another track is about gay sex, so you better not take these lyrics too serious. Hank Von Helvete's voice is maybe the worst voice in the world (except Lemmy, of course) but it's f--king cool! // 8

Overall Impression: This is no doubt the best Turbonegro album, and Turbonegro is one the best bands in the world, so you can surely say that this is a great album! The best tracks on this album is Age Of Pamparius (the one about the pizza restaurant) and Prince Of The Rodeo (the one about gay sex). If I lost this album I would surely buy it again. If you haven't heard of Turbonegro, you should really really buy this album, and if you don't like it, I'll kill you. I know where you live! // 10

Comments